Underground is the new normal.
Black Market Media is a female-owned film and animation studio based in Los Angeles.
Grown-up content inspired by nostalgia and fueled on 2020s internet culture with an irreverent vibe and transgressive approach.
Black Market Media is home to original content such as the award-winning adult animation series Garbage People.
BLKMRKTMedia is a non-affiliated entity founded in 2020.
Meet Brit Tobin
At Black Market Media, we strive to empower voices from all corners of the world while making a lasting impact through thought-provoking storytelling. Learn about our team's commitment to providing eco-friendly production solutions while fostering original concepts and enabling fair practices for talent and partners alike.
• BLKMRKTMedia (f.k.a. BLKMKTMEDIA) founded
• Pre-production for Garbage People begins
• BLKMRKTMedia Diversifies Production Services with Talent Development and Commercial Offerings
• BLKMRKTMedia Goes Global: Expands Talent Pool Internationally for Creative Ventures
• Production of Garbage People wraps
• BLKMRKTMedia Announces Garbage People Film Festival World Tour
• BLKMRKTMedia Forges Creative Partnership with Appian Way Talent and Development
• BLKMRKTMedia Receives International Acclaim: Top Filmmaker Awards from Prestigious Film Festivals in 30+ Countries
• Brit Tobin signed to Activist Artists Management
• Garbage People acquired by Amazon Prime, Tubi (a division of FOX Entertainment), Cineverse, UDU, and Roku